Saturday, March 12, 2011

Families Can Be Forever

    
     Isn't that a good looking family. Not to boast or sound prideful, but they are the best, that's just the way it is. I have two super great parents and plenty of siblings to go around, ha ha. As a young boy, I always had someone to play with. Dad would always try to teach me new things like how to change the oil in the cars, what makes a garden grow better, and how to work hard.  Mom spent countless hours cooking for me, pulling out bee stings and slivers, and staying up with me all night to help me with school assignments that I had foolishly procrastinated on. There was always a great sense of peace and love in our home and I attribute it to the gospel of Jesus Christ. It helped to develope a strong relationship and spiritual strength. families are ordained of God, and are the most important social unit in time and eternity. I know that through the restored teachings of our savior, this joy can last beyond the grave. Our families can be sealed together forever.
     Now I dont want y'all to think that my family is perfect, cause we're not. We share many of the same trials and burdens as the rest of the world, but because we all have the same goal in mind, and we were all taught true principles throughout the course life (and we're still learning) we cast our cares on the savior, and it makes the burdens light. The Master himself taught us to do just this:
    
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
     Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
     For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)

I'm so greatful for the knowledge I have that families can be together forever. I am truely greatful for Jesus Christ, the Holy One of Israel and the power that his gospel can bring into our homes. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jake! Thanks for your testimony on families. The scripture at the end on taking the the Lords yoke upon us we talked about in sunday school yesterday. Then we shared it with chelsie last night. Its so true how turning our burdens to the lord does make them seem lighter, and for this we are grateful. There are so many things in this life that can become a burden and we have found so much peace in putting the savior first. We love this gospel and know its teachings are true.
    B & M Bischoff

    ReplyDelete