Monday, March 7, 2011

Whom shall I fear?

     So the other day we had a meeting with our mission president and the stake presidency to correlate the missionary efforts around the area.  I was stressing out way to much trying to get everything ready for 6:00. I had to be on my best behavior cause these were the big dogs, i felt the need to impress them and so that they could know I was a good missionary. Now I want you to keep in mind, I'm not one for campaigning, but it was important to me that we looked good. You all know how it is, when you go in for an interview or something with your boss at work, it's important to make a good impression. . .
     Why does that happen. Why do we try so hard to please those around us, why do we forget our creator. If we are living our lives in a way that is pleasing to God, things just seem to work out a little bit better. It has been prophesied that in the last days, people will fear men more than they fear God. That we will be more caught up in trying to conform the the ways of the world so that we can be accepted by others, when we loose sight of the greater thing. That greater thing is to prove to our father in heaven our willingness to follow him through thick and thin, that just because we are in this world, we don't have to be of the world. I believe that there is great power in striving to improve our time while in this mortal probation.

"When we choose to follow Christ in faith rather than choosing another path out of fear, we are blessed with a consequence that is consistent with our choice."
                                                                                 -Quentin L. Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment