Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Blessings from Heaven

     Throughout the holy scriptures there are many instances where people have received blessings from heaven. and even today we see the hand of the savior in our individual lives. Since 2009 when I was set apart as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, until this present day, I have seen many mighty miracles take place assuring me that the Lord is at my side assisting me in this work. It sure is neat! Just the other day one of my dear friends named Daniel received a testimony of the great message that we have the privelage to share. The night it happened, my phone rang at 1:00 am with Daniel on the other end. When the answer to his prayer (weather or not the book of mormon was true and weather or not Joseph Smith was a prophet) was answered it came to him with such great force that he wanted to get baptized right then! What a wonderful experience that was for him. I love being ablle to see paople make changes in their lives, and I love seeing people receive answers to their prayers. It's just one of those great blessings that God our Father wants to bestow uponn us.
     There are also many unseen blessings that often go unseen at first. Back when I was serving in Mcminnville Tennessee My companion and I were taking the time each night to write down three things that we were thankful for and put them into a jar. At times it was hard to think of what to write, but over time the jar was filled and soon began to overflow. At the end of our time together we read a bunch of those little slips of paper. There were so many blessings to be thankful for. As we did this, I began to think of my life as a jar. Though sometimes its hard to recognize the blessings that have been given to us, eventually there will come a time when we realize that our lives are truely overflowing. My prayer is that we can all take the time to count our blessings and remember where thay came from. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment